Crime Wave Press is taking submissions.
We especially encourage female authors to send in their manuscripts.
Please carefully read the following guidelines.
Crime Wave Press is open to reading manuscripts from locations around the world.
Crime Wave Press is signing authors who can offer complete and edited manuscripts of English language crime novels. We also consider short story collections from 60.000 words up.
Crime Wave Press publishes both e-book and print format titles, and is extremely flexible in how to tackle a tough and fast-changing market, continually developing new strategies to sell books. We will decide on a case by case basis on how best to market, distribute and promote its titles.
Many fiction writers are caught in a soul-destroying runaround between agents and conventional publishers on the one hand and the circumspect concept of digital self-publishing on the other. In a market in which the same heavily marketed novels make the bestseller lists again and again, writers with unique visions have little chance of appealing to risk-averse, old school publishing houses fighting for survival. On the other hand, most writers do not have the time, energy or know-how to market their work effectively. Authors need new and innovative outlets for their work and Crime Wave Press offers a new publishing model.
That said, potential authors should keep the following publishing realities in mind before sending their manuscripts to Crime Wave Press:
- Crime Wave Press is a small publisher.
- For the moment, Crime Wave Press doesn’t pay advances.
- Crime Wave Press contracts are binding.
- Crime Wave Press will edit your book if it is virtually ready for publication.
- Crime Wave Press will reject manuscripts that need a lot of work to get them into publishable shape.
- Writers signing with Crime Wave Press enter a business partnership. Crime Wave Press will package and market its titles, but authors also need to promote their books if they want them to do well.
- New authors should be aware that it is rare for fiction writers to make a living from their craft, whether they publish with a large traditional publishing house, with a small imprint like Crime Wave Press or whether they choose to publish themselves.
- Large publishers pay bookstores to keep small publishers off their shelves. This is one major reason why Crime Wave Press publishes ebooks.
- Crime Wave Press publishes only a few of the manuscripts it receives. This may have nothing to do with the quality of the work. The author’s title may be good enough but doesn’t fit Crime Wave Press’ specs, or it may need too much work.
Send completed manuscripts as word (doc) documents only, in 12 point Times New Roman to .
We prefer receiving manuscripts that run to no more than 90.000 words.
Please include a synopsis, no longer than one A4 page and a brief author bio as well as contact details. No covers or other images, no fancy formatting.